Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Digital Porfolio


MD 400 has been a course in Educational Technology where I have learned about the ways of a Tech-Savvy world!  I have worked on projects over the past four weeks that run the gamut.  This "Taste of Technology", as I call it, has been an introduction course that will provide me with the support needed in my future classroom.  As I embark on Student Teaching this Fall 2011, I feel so much more prepared then I was a couple weeks ago.  To know and understand so many applications where I can use them to provide my students with easier ways to become more computer-literate, is an advantage I am happy to take with me!

Please go ahead and check out my Digital Portfolio, where you can learn more about my interests and focus as a Kindergarten Teacher Candidate for the School Year 2012-2013! Please come on back to my Blog and comment below to this posting on how I can improve my Digital Portfolio and what you liked most about it.  Constructive criticism is welcomed here. 

P.S. I hope you are enjoying a lovely dinner tonight... As I usually cook for our final class.  Let's all enjoy a virtual meal!! Mangia!

3 comments:

  1. Nicolina Margaret,
    I enjoyed browsing through your website. I thought about us sitting across from each other each class and figured it might not be a bad idea to see what you were producing. Bravo! I was taken by your creativity and cosmetic ability demonstrated within the website. I thought your website was extremely organized; you used color schemes that matched perfectly and your ideas original. I remember you saying one night that a website is a great way to impress an interviewer; I will keep that in mind when I am applying for positions in the beginning of 2013. Lastly, the way you incorporated the Italian language on your website was excellent. Where did you get the idea to create a travel and music page? I wish I thought of that idea because it contributes to my own educational experiences. Good Job Nicolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed looking through your website. I think the reflections that you included about each the projects were very thorough and show that you really took an interest in your projects. I agree that Inspiration documents may not be the best for kindergartners, but they do have a place for many other places in schools. Your explanation about teaching kindergartners basic Italian vocabulary through a nonlinear PowerPoint was very interesting. This is something that more teachers should do because children should be exposed to more than one language earlier in their lives.

    I would like to know if you think there is a way to use a wiki or some of the other programs with kindergarten or younger elementary schools. This is something that I struggled with this semester, I think a lot of the programs we used are more suited for older elementary students and up. Overall, I think you did a great job creating your website, I liked the additional pages at the bottom as well.

    Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolina ~

    Your website design and layout are very well designed and easily accessible. I like the background designs. Some of my favorite aspects of your portfolio were your digital photostory and your photoshop picture. I thought your photo story was so creative! This is something that you use in your own kindergarten class one day. I think the children will really enjoy exploring and guessing what Maggie is going to do next. I really like how the images turned, it reminded me of pages from a book. I thought your digital manipulation using Photoshop was very well done! I recently was married in October and would love something like this as a wedding present. It is classic and neat and will be something that the bride and groom can cherish forever. Beautiful!

    Great job on your website and projects in this course. Have a fantastic summer!

    ReplyDelete