Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Digital Storytelling - Robert Frost

This project was a group assignment using Photo Story 3 for Windows and Professor Horrigan asked us to use Robert Frost's poem, "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" to create a Digital Story.  It was pretty straight-forward for me because I have used this application in the past when creating videos for my Science Seed Glog.  The assignment became somewhat challenging when we realized that we only had about 20 minutes to find photographs, review the poem to voice record, add background music, and text.  We had some more difficulty with trying to get the background volume and our voice volume at the optimum levels.




"Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening"

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost
New Hampshire
1923

No comments:

Post a Comment