Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Digital Storytelling - Maggie

This Digital Story was created in PhotoStory 3 for Windows.  It was a pleasure to produce.  I started this project by deciding to build a story book about one of my favorite people.  The subject is my niece who is 4 years old.  I also wanted to share some of my favorite part of my family's culture, the Italian Language.  

I wrote a children's story about a young girl who looks for adventure, pretend time, and laughter at her grandparents house.  I chode to write subtitles in English and then speak the story in Italian.  I used information from my fluent family members, Nonna & Papi (grandparents) and my fratello (brother) and also from Google Translator to translate my story.  

I collected photographs I shot of my niece from Sunday Suppers.  When I built the Digital Story I chose specific artistic applications to transform each picture into its own beautiful storybook page.  On the voice recording page, I was happy to find the button where I could quickly restart a recording when I made a mistake.  I had no difficulty (this time) when creating background music in a low setting.  

I would recommend this software to any teacher, colleague, or student.  I think it would be a great addition into my future Kindergarten classroom because it is simple and easy to use.  The students would be able to get there point across in a setting where their short stories could come to life.  One example, during the Seeds Unit, the students could use the photographs they took of their seed experiments growing stages and create a Digital Story.  And this could include one audio prediction on a title page, which could precede 3 photographs with an audio reflection on each.

No comments:

Post a Comment