Monday, June 13, 2011

Mark & Daneen, "A Toast to the Bride & Groom"




























This process began with two photographs from my brother's Memorial Weekend wedding.  I wanted to share how special a tradition is to our family.  The night before their wedding, I presented Mark with a gift to honor our late grandmother, Margaret Francini.  I taped a penny in his right shoe (from his birth year) and a penny in his left shoe (from 1975).  Then, while I was getting ready the morning of the wedding, I presented Daneen with hers.  I taped a penny in her right shoe (from her birth year) and a penny in her left shoe (from 1975).

Here is a toast to the Bride & Groom... May you live a long, healthy, happy VITA (LIFE) together, always!

Creating this image on photoshop was an incredible experience.  It was nerve-wrecking and I felt a bit anxious because the photoshop program is temperamental and hyper-senistive.  I remember using it in Art & Photography school back in 2003.  I hope to practice and gain back my knowledge along with a lot more than before!

I know it will be an excellent resource in my future classroom!  Even though, Kindergarteners do not use technology that often, it would great to allow them to see it used in the classroom's SmartBoard.  maybe even use it to retell the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story in an innovative and creative way!

4 comments:

  1. WOW Nicolina, your blog looks AMAZING!! I love the photoshop image that you altered. I think it capturse the wedding and the moment beautifully. Keep up the great blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture, Nicolina. I hope you show it to Mark and Daneen. I really loved reading the story about your family tradition with the pennies.
    I think even in the Kindergarten classroom, you can find creative ways- like with a retelling of Goldilocks, and other stories, to use technology in your classroom. I'm sure as more and more schools and teachers become technologically savvy that there will be more options available to the lower grades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was not only a sweet tribute to your family but a very creative way to use photoshop. I love the tradition you brought into the picture and how you engaged anyone looking at it as well. I love the picture, the poem and the shoes! You will be so good at this when it comes time to using photo shop with/for your students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great reflection on the process and thoughts behind your project..blog looks very good

    ReplyDelete