Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MD 400 - Educational Technology, Fairfield University Graduate School


What have you found useful?

Our in class lectures (professor’s one-on-one support), discussions, and graduate assistant have been invaluable to me in this course.  I have also found a lot of inspirational insight from my colleagues.  It is interesting to see how each person has a different viewpoint and can challenge me to work more diligently.  I have read through the assigned articles and readings and have learned so much in such a short amount of time.  Finally, the YouTube videos on Web 1.0, 2.0, and the changes in technology over the past decade were influential to my journey to become “Tech-Savvy”.



Challenging?

The most testing aspects of the course are trying to get every task, assignment, and project completed in our time constraints.  I would definitely recommend to prospective students to take this course during a Fall or Spring Semester.  That way they would have more time to perfect every detail of each task.  I would like to polish my work more, but I know that is this condensed course I must “put the mouse down” sometimes!


Frustrating?

I am frustrated with the time constraints.  When I start learning about a new program, like Photoshop, I wanted to ask so many questions but felt that there was no time to ask them all.  I will try my best to continue on my path and “soak up” as much knowledge as possible so that I stay away from becoming frustrated Tech-Teacher with students in the classroom.  I feel that maybe if this course was three nights a week for approximately 3 hours each including some lab hours prior to each meeting, may help in the future.


Rewarding?

The most rewarding portion of the program is accomplishing each task in the different applications.  I just completed my Digital Story and I am so proud and amazed of what my idea became.


Any great "Ah-Ha" that you might have experienced?
The “Ah-Ha” I have experience is that I am becoming Tech-Savvy, when I never thought I would want to or have the ability to.  It has excited me even more for my future Kindergarten classroom!

Hopes for the remainder of the semester?

I hope to make an impact on my colleagues in a positive way and gain as much knowledge as I can take in from them, Professor Horrigan, and Grad. Assistant Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment